Getting Started With Facebook On Oviond
updated about 1 month ago
Connecting a new integration can often be stressful. How do you know if your account is set up correctly when you're working with so many different platforms? Sometimes something as simple as a permission level can prevent you from connecting that integration to Oviond. In this article we will be helping you understand how to get started with Facebook on Oviond.
Check your Facebook permission
As mentioned above, if you are trying to link up your Facebook page to Oviond and you see the page does not appear under the selection menu, the first thing you need to check is the permission level on your account. To check this:
1. Log into your Facebook account under a new browser tab
2. Under your shortcuts, select the page you would like to check access for
3. On the left menu bar, select “Settings”
4. Scroll down until you find the option named “Page Roles”
All the users that have been granted access to the page should be listed under this section, as well as their permission levels. To ensure a page pulls through to Oviond, your email needs to have Admin access to the page (full account access).
If you can see your page does not have the appropriate permission for Oviond, contact the owner of the page.
Once you have been granted the right access to the page, it is advised to refresh the integration token before attempting to reconnect the client project to the integration. Learn more about refreshing an integration token.
Re-authenticate the account
If you have the correct permission level to the page, yet the page is still not pulling through, this could mean the authentication was not processed correctly. In this case, you will need to re-authenticate Facebook on Oviond. To start:
1. Log into your Facebook account and select “Settings and Privacy”
2. Under the menu select “Settings”
3. On the left menu bar, scroll down to “Business Integrations”
4. Find Oviond and tick the checkbox next to the integration. NOTE: Make sure to tick “Delete posts, videos or events Oviond Live posted on your timeline.” and select “Remove”
Once you have done this, log out of your Facebook account and sign into Oviond. This step is very crucial, failing to do this will mean the authentication will happen instantly and the above steps will need to be redone.
Once you have signed into Oviond you will need to delete the Facebook integration from the account settings.
If Facebook has been added to other clients: If your Facebook integration has already been connected to other clients, make sure to remove them from EACH client. Once you have done this you can delete the integration.
If Facebook has not been connected to any client: If your Facebook integration has not been linked up to any of your clients, you can proceed to delete the integration from the account settings. Learn more about deleting an integration.
Once you have deleted Facebook from Oviond:
1. Re-connect the integration to a client project. NOTE: Make sure you have logged out of your Facebook account before attempting this.
2. Authorise the account by signing into Facebook through the pop-up window.
3. Once you press next, select “Proceed as…”
4. Select “Choose what to allow”, make sure that all the pages that you would like to pull on Oviond have been ticked.
5. Once you are happy with the pages selected, press Okay.
6. Search the page you are trying to connect on Oviond’s drop-down menu.
If you have followed these steps and are still not able to find your page, please contact support.